I’m a beginner in dance. Should I join the Bhangra Lessons or the Bhangra Fitness classes?
- The Beginner/Intermediate Bhangra classes will help you learn the basic form and body language through choreographed routines.
- Bhangra Fitness classes are a great way to sweat it out while busting the moves to fun music. The HIIT routines are geared towards fitness goals, cardio work and muscle toning.
- Our unique Learn ‘N Sweat class is an innovative combination where you learn new moves all the while burning some serious cals.
In either class, prior dance experience is not required.
I’m a new participant. Is there a trial class?
Welcome to the fam! We have new member offers for you to ease into our classes. Check out promos for New Members on the Pricing & Offers page.
What if I can’t attend a class I’ve booked? What is the cancellation or rescheduling policy?
We follow industry standard policies for early/late cancels:
- Early Cancel: Email us at least 8 hours before the class at email@example.com if you can’t make it to class. Your class credit will be retained and can be used for another similar class within the next 14 days.
- One Early Cancel allowed per semester (5 or more classes).
- Late Cancel/No Show: Class credit will be forfeited if you cancel after the Early Cancel cutoff or do not show up to class.
- No Early or Late cancellations applicable for classes booked with a promo code or class package.
- Classes are not transferable to another member.
Can I transfer a booked class to someone else?
Unfortunately, classes are not transferrable. However, if you’ve bought a class package but not used it to book any classes, you can gift it to someone else. For more gifting options, see below.
Can I gift a class or a class package?
You totally can. Just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll send you a custom e-Gift Card with a redemption code, which the giftee can use to book classes.
I love the music in class! Can you share your playlist?
We’re glad you like our choice 🙂 While we can’t share entire playlists, feel free to ask the instructor in class about the songs/music you like and they’ll point you to where you can find the music online.
I missed the start of a class semester. Can I still join? Do I have to pay for the entire semester?
You can join an ongoing semester in between, and you don’t have to pay for the missed classes. The price is prorated based on the remaining classes that you sign up for.
Do you have performance or video opportunities?
Our students become part of the large NYCB community, and we offer video and performance opportunites to everyone. If you’d like to participate in events and flaunt what you’ve learned, just email us or let the instructor in class know.
We also create in-class videos regularly and everyone who learns is invited to be part of them.
PRIVATE CLASSES AND EVENTS
How do private group classes work?
- It’s simple – let us know what you’re looking for – whether it’s a birthday party, an anniversary, a bachelorette or a corporate party.
- We’ll schedule your class with your convenient date and time in mind.
- Most classes take place in the studio spaces in midtown, but we can come to you too, just let us know and we can figure out the logistics together.
- Our instructors will have your entire group have a ton of fun dancing and learning to your favorite, popular Bhangra and Bollywood music.
We want to learn a Bhangra/Bollywood routine for our wedding First Dance. How does it work?
You’re at the right place. Our instructors have helped several couples surprise their guests with a phenomenal display of moves that no one knew they were capable of.
No experience is required – you can be two left feet, but our instructors love a challenge! They’ll not just teach you a routine that’s sure to entertain, but will also help build your confidence and poise.
Do you perform at private events? How do we book your group?
We perform at all types of venues, private and public. Share your event’s details through our Contact page, and we’ll get back to you with availability and a quote to get things rolling.